On January 10th, 2020 at the initiative of the Marlena BSB139 project participants a meeting between the representatives of projects on ENI Cross-Border Cooperation Black Sea Basin Programme 2014-2020 in Bulgaria, namely RedMarLitter BSB 552- Innovative Techniques and Methods for Reducing Marine Litter in the Black Sea Coastal Areas, Marlena BSB 139- Marine and River Litter Elimination New Approach and Zewsges BSB257- Zero Waste Strategy for Good Environmental Status was held. The meeting took place in Burgas city. These three projects are funded under the First call for proposals of the CBC Black Sea Basin Programme 2014-2020, Priority 2.2. Promote common awareness-raising and joint actions to reduce river and marine litter.
In compliance with the overall objective of this programme to improve the welfare in the Black Sea basin region through sustainable growth and joint environmental protection all participants have decided to act upon further cooperation to ensure that project implementation and main objectives will be reached and even exceeded.
Via Pontica Foundation has provided the Cooperation Memorandum for the envisaged exchange of knowledge, know-how, database information and monitoring results. As per the document to be signed by Via Pontica Foundation, Zelena Strandja Association, Malko Tarnovo Municipality and the Tourism Council Development in Nessebar Municipality all parties will improve and increase the information flow on:
– Analysis of the degree of contamination of the Black Sea basin;
– Results from monitoring actions and identification of waste load and its accumulating points;
– Identification of “hot points”;
– Evaluation and increased awareness of common suggested measures.
During the meeting was set a working group that will implement the following capitalization actions:
– Exchange of information on projects’ websites about all projects under priority 2.2.
– Exchange of access and guidance to databases and interactive platforms developed under the projects;
– Exchange of information with observation of relative legislation on stakeholder groups in the Programme region, incl. other partner countries in the three projects.
The aim of the working group is to capitalize and further promote activities with EU support in the region. Any interested party is more than welcome to join and support our shared efforts upon reduction of river and marine litter in the Black Sea basin! Please call +359899840138 or write to [email protected]