Monitoring and Research
- Biodiversity Monitoring through targeted and long-term observations of the components of biodiversity, accompanied by gathering, processing, storage and transmission of data
- Evaluation and analysis of the impacts on biodiversity, its condition and the measures that must be taken to prevent its loss
- Support for conducting scientific research
- Creating and maintaining a database of biodiversity of protected areas in Bulgaria (Burgas Lake / Lake Vaya) in the long run
Activities for introduction of policies that ensure a long-term conservation of all living organisms and their habitats in the protected area of Burgas Lake
- Creation of an interagency working group of experts from the Ministry of Environment and Waters, Interior Ministry, EFA and NGOs and other interested parties to assess and analyze the impacts on the biodiversity in Bulgaria (Burgas Lake / Vaya), its condition and the measures to be taken to prevent its loss;
- Coordination of actions for the protection of all living organisms and their habitats between the various supervisory authorities in Bulgaria, including the Ministry of Environment and Waters, Interior Ministry, Regional Forestry, NGOs and other interested parties;
- Organization of seminars and courses in the risk area together with the representatives of the control institutions: Regional Forestry, State Forestry, Regional Inspectorate, the structures of the Interior Ministry and Prosecutor’s Office;
- Preparation of a mechanism for stimulating the local people and government officials to combat the poaching;
- Creating and maintaining a National Database relating of the illegal fishing, trade and export of the inhabitants of protected areas in Bulgaria with focus on Burgas Lake / Vaya;
- Participation in shaping of administrative files;
- Target attracting, training and motivating of young people and their involvement in direct conservation activities to protect the biodiversity in Bulgaria;
- Issue of printed materials (posters, brochures, stickers, etc.), coverage in the regional and national electronic and print media of the situation and measures for the preservation of biodiversity in the protected areas in Burgas Lake;
- Initiation of national campaigns in favour of the Bulgarian nature.
Integration of the People in the Bird and Nature Conservation
The main target group for the raising of the level of awareness and commitment of the society with the problems related to the sustainable development and biodiversity are young people.
For this purpose:
- volunteers will be trained to collect an environmental data and putting its through the public part of the updated National Information System for Monitoring of the Biodiversity (NISMB);
- a contest will be held to promote the National Monitoring System of Biodiversity;
- seminars and courses will be conducted in the risk area with the representatives of the control institutions: Regional Forestry, State Forestry, Regional Inspectorate, the structures of the Interior Ministry and Prosecutor’s Office;
- Will be organized Days of arts on a theme “Birds of Burgas” with competitions for artists and photographers and workshops for children;
- information materials will be distributed about the living organisms in the Burgas Lake, their communities and habitats in the 3-6 class of the selected schools in Burgas region and quizzes with prizes for participants will be organized.